Family Holidays in Tenerife
Talk to our Holiday Experts
- Book an all inclusive family holiday at this stylish hotel and you can be sure that you’ll get value for money from excellent dining choices and drinks and the surroundings are gorgeous too.
- Teddy Bear picnics and parent and toddler sessions are just a tiny part of what is on offer at this ultra baby friendly holiday village in Playa de la Arena,Tenerife.
- With one of Villa Mandi’s self catering apartments you couldn’t get a more relaxing holiday as the facilities, activities and clubs for kids of any age are just superb.
Tenerife is the largest and most popular family holiday destination in the Canaries with good reason. First and foremost there is warm sun most of the year round to keep the kids happy on the many beaches and swimming pools of the island. Then there is the scenery with Spain’s highest mountain providing a backdrop almost everywhere you go. There are out of the way villages to explore in contrast to the great wealth of family attractions on the coast. These include Adventure Parks and Aqua Parks just as thrilling as the ones back home but cheaper, Africa is only 200 miles away and this is reflected not only in climate but also in its wild life parks, There are camels from the Sahara the kids can ride...
Why not consider: Luxury family holidays to Tenerife > Budget Tenerife Packages >
and Congolese crocodiles that its best for them not to. Tenerife is also famous for holding the second largest carnival in the world (Rio is the biggest) so if you are looking for a quiet beach holiday dont come in February! Check out our great selection of Child Friendly holidays in Tenerife below or read on for some Top Tips for that extra special family holiday in Tenerife:
- Kids like cable cars so take one up Mount Teide. Spain's highest peak. The views of the ocean, all the other Canary Islands and the volcanic landscape of Tenerife itself are truly spectacular.
- There are some really unusual wild life parks on the island so plan a visit to at least one of them. The jungle in Jungle Park has stunning waterfalls, lagoons, suspension bridges and exotic plant and animal life. Loro Park is Tenerife’s most popular wildlife park and has a wide selection of animals. Younger children just love the parrots - the world’s largest collection of them. You don’t need to go to the desert to ride on a camel. At Camel Park in Carretera the kids will love a ride on the back of one of these strange creatures. Then there’s Monkey Park in Tenerife. The islanders sure like animals.
- For the whole month of February, Carnival takes over Santa Cruz. It is the second largest in the world after Rio. Over a million people take part or watch and it is just mind-blowing. The kids will just love it but it is a bit crowded!
- The Canaries are surrounded by seas that are teaming with amazing wildlife both above and below the water. Book a boat trip to take the family to see dolphins swimming or even the odd whale. There are even glass bottomed boats for views of the underwater world
- For a change from real waves try some awesome manufactured ones in Aqualand or in Siam Park Tenerife’s newest. Attractions range from the scariest aqua slides to mini ones for the toddlers. There are also dolphin and sea lion shows and dedicated small children's play areas with mini-slides, bouncy castles, etc.
|Situated in the quieter part of the resort of Playa de las Americas, Hotel Iberostar Las Dalias is ideal for families. Loads of attractions...|
|For an outstanding family holiday in the vibrant resort of Playa de las Americas, Hotel Bitacora has lots to offer for kids and adults ali...|
|Bahia Principe is a popular family hotel, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Tenerife’s busy resort towns and yet within easy reac...|
|If you choose a family holiday at Holiday Village Tenerife their speciality is making sure that the kids have a whale of time what...|
|In a fabulous setting for a family holiday, the sparkling new Luabay Costa Los Gigantes not only offers all-inclusive accommodation, but al...|
|On the outskirts of Playa De Las Americas Gran Oasis Resort is in a beautiful setting beside the Las Americas Golf Course. Colonial s...|
|Villa Mandi is an apartment based resort located in a peaceful end of Campe De Las Americas. Despite its quiet location it’s a great base...|