Family Holidays to Turkey
Talk to our Holiday Experts
Turkey is fast becoming one of the most popular family holiday destinations as it has so many fantastic things going for it. Turkey is the most southern and most sunny of all European countries and the almost endless Mediterranean coastline has some of the best beaches anywhere. Turkey is the country which links East with West. It is where Europe meets Asia and this exciting mix is seen in everything. All the main Western Empires have risen and fallen here. Roman, Greek, Persian and Byzantine, leaving behind splendid ruins which are better preserved here than almost anywhere else. But the main reason you will just love a holiday in Turkey is where you will be staying. All of the hotels, resorts...
Why not consider: Luxury family holidays to Turkey > Budget Turkey Packages >
and apartments we have on offer are not only in scenic locations they have the best and most modern facilities to make your holiday really special. It is the reason that so many families return again and again to this fascinating and beautiful country. Check out our great selection of Child Friendly holidays inTurkey below or read on for some Top Tips for that extra special family holiday in Turkey
- Boat trips are always fun for children and there is every type to choose from. If you are near Kas take a tour to the beautiful fishing village of Üçagizor or to see the amazing necropolis in the village of Kalekoy. If you are staying near Bodrun, then take a day trip to Greece on one of the inexpensive ferries to Kos or Rhodes
- Public road transport in Turkey can also be a bit of an adventure and it is certainly inexpensive. So instead of booking a tour, check with your hotel about how to use the Dolmus (frequent minibuses that go everywhere along the coast). Take one to the next town, nearest interesting site or where you can take a walk in the hills.
- One of the joys of Turkey is the food. It is true fusion. Greek, Persian and Middle Eastern foods all come together to give that special Turkish taste. The best way of sampling them is to ask your hotel to recommend a good restaurant in town for Meze. The portions are all child size and there are sure to be least a few the kids will like!
- There are a score of archeological sites worth seeing, and there are bound to be at least a couple of world famous ones near where you are staying. The most famous of all is Troy and the kids will love climbing amongst the ruins where Helen and Ulysses once trod. The Roman ruins of Ephesus are better than those in Rome and just as climbable. Then there is Sardis where rich Croesus was once King, the Acropolis of Pergamon. the crusader Fort of Bodrum. The list really is almost endless.
- A visit to at least one major town in Turkey is a must to capture the flavour of the Middle East. Narrow streets and alleyways will be buzzing with life with outdoor cafes, shops and restaurants all contributing to the sights and spicy smells. All roads lead to the Bazaar that will be packed with an exotic array of kaftans, carpets and copperware. Whatever you do, haggle over the prices asked and also check on cafe and restaurant prices too.
|You’ll have all your holiday needs close to hand at the Mandalinci Spa & Wellness Hotel. Rooms around the pool, a minute to the beach and...|
|Overlooking the beautiful bay of Gundogan, Hotel Baia Bodrum is both stylish and child friendly. There’s a great outdoor pool ...|
|A gorgeous place for a family holiday, Armonia Holiday Village and Spa has a man-made Blue Flag beach and a choice of swimming pools ranging ...|
|The family friendly Hotel Side Star Park has plenty to offer holidaymakers, with a choice of swimming pools, a separate pool...|
|With a huge sandy beach, six swimming pools and an eight-slide water park, Maritim Pine Beach Resort will be a guaranteed favourite with the k...|
|The 4* Green Nature Resort & Spa, just outside the resort city of Marmaris in Turkey, has everything you need for a good family holiday. T...|
|Recently refurbished and ready for your family holiday, Side Star Resort is a friendly place with heaps of activities and entertainment for...|
|With a huge swimming pool and its own beach Palm Wings Beach Resort is just what you need for a fun family holiday. The complex is beauti...|